Friday, October 3, 2008

We Know People

When I told a friend I was going to the west coast for 2 weeks, she said, "Oh, do you know anyone out there?" Yes. We do. I have 3 sisters in Utah. They're all married and have 3 kids between them. Jason has 2 brothers in California. They're both married and have 5 (and a half) kids between them. Between myself and Jason, we have 12 aunts and uncles. They are all married, and all of them live in Idaho, Utah, and Nevada. They have lots of kids between them, and most of them are married with kids. On top of that, many of our closest friends from Boston have for some reason chosen to settle in Utah and California. So we know people. And we're trying to see as many friends and family as we can. It's going to be a busy (and fun!) couple of weeks. 
On Sunday we started by visiting Jason's aunt Julie and then went up to North Ogden to see our friends Dave and Heather and their adorable 9-month-old twins. Dave's parents have a great property and let Ethan feed their goats and attempt to fish (although the dads were more enthusiastic about that than Ethan was). 
Dave and Jason headed off to fish the Green River and the boys and I stopped by to visit Jill, then headed back to Ashley and Greg's to sleep. Ashley and Greg were so great to stay with. Greg kept the kids entertained and Ashley cut my hair, got stains out of my clothes, bathed my children, made me dinner...I could go on and on. Thanks, guys! 

No comments: