Monday, October 6, 2008

Lots of time in the car

Wednesday morning we packed up and headed out of Salt Lake. On the way we stopped by Ashley's work and Rob and Mandy's one last time. We stopped for lunch in Alpine with Jason's aunt Kris, uncle Mike, and cousins Taylor and Brooke. Brooke's two boys are the exact same ages (within just a few weeks) as our two boys. Luke and Ethan hit it off and attempted to plant a grape and strawberry garden (using grapes and strawberries) in Kris and Mike's gorgeous backyard. Kris made us an amazing lunch. We were reluctant to leave their fun house and get back on the road. I somehow didn't get any pictures of Brooke, but here are Kris and Brooke's boys (and one of Colin loving the swing). 
Kris and Brooke talked us into taking the Alpine Loop to Provo. We are so glad we did. It was gorgeous! 
We finally pulled in to St. George around 8:00 pm exhausted and dirty. That drive down I-15 is not as fun with kids as I remember it being in college. We did stop in Fillmore for the world-famous potato log. I'm still not sure how I feel about it. 

3 comments:

Ann said...

I am loving the travel blog! It's kind of like coming along in the trunk.

Mary said...

Your pictures of the Alpine Loop are stunning. The mountians are beautiful from my house but it looks like it's time to go and enjoy them up close. How fun to have you back in the west for a visit. Enjoy your trip.

Brooke said...

I sure wish your family lived closer. After you left, Luke said, will we never see our friend Ethan again? He had a great time with him. As for the potato log, I've never heard of it before and I'm not sure how I feel about it, either.