Thursday, October 9, 2008

Freezing in St. George

Rumor is, St. George is hot. A desert, in fact. So when it rained almost the entire day on Saturday, we couldn't think of a single thing to do. Erin packed us a lunch and we got in our cars, picked up Jill and Jennie in Hurricane, and then drove to Zion National Park. We took the shuttle up to the lodge thinking the rain had to let up sooner or later, but it was freezing, so we ate lunch quickly and got back on the shuttle. We did ride up to the top of the canyon so at least got to see some gorgeous views of the park. I hadn't been there in almost a dozen years, so we're glad we went. We went home and got the kids ready for bed, then left them with Erin while we went out on a date. My sisters are completely spoiling me on this trip. I need to come visit more often. Jason and I met Jennie and Jill for dinner, then all went to see Les Miserables at the Tuacahn outdoor amphitheater. It was the best production of Les Mis I've ever seen. It was raining lightly at the beginning, then stopped in the middle, then by the end was raining really hard (a freezing cold rain), with freezing cold winds blowing the rain sideways. We were freezing. To their credit, the actors didn't react at all, even when 2 yellow ponchos blew up onto the stage and past them. I'm glad I went, but those last 30 minutes were pretty uncomfortable. Very memorable, though!

No comments: