Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Punkin' in a Patch

Here's our requisite annual photo of Ethan in a pumpkin patch. When you're a parent, you have to document your child every year in certain poses (on Santa's lap, in front of a cake, in a pumpkin patch, first day of school, etc.). I wonder how many mom-blogs will feature a similar photo. See? 2005: Ethan with pumpkin. Check. And 2006...wait...I don't have a pumpkin patch photo from 2006! I'm a terrible mother! Luckily Morgan snapped this one of him in an apple orchard in the fall of that year. That totally counts. Whew. On a related note, Ethan helped me make pumpkin muffins for his preschool class. He's such a good little helper.
The recipe called for some orange peel, which meant I got to use my microplane. I love my microplane. It makes me happy inside. Even if I only use it every other year and Jason thinks it was a frivolous purchase. And Ethan got to do this: How does he know how to do this? Must have learned it at school. Or from his dad. Definitely not me.
On a completely unrelated note, Colin has been smiling a lot, but his smiles are so elusive and our camera is so slow that we haven't been able to document it yet. Jason did get this post-smile expression that made us both laugh: In my last post I mentioned we had a tough weekend. In the post before that I mentioned I have a great husband. As evidence of both, these were delivered to my door yesterday morning: Thanks, babe. These made me question my plans to jump out the window and head to Mexico. You always seem to know when I need flowers and I always appreciate it.
In closing, the Ethan quote from today:
"I'm done with Carolina. I want to go back to Boston. I miss Boston a lot."
Where the heck does he come up with this stuff??

8 comments:

Kelli Salter said...

Way to go Jason. Kim, I love the blogging with pics, keep it up. Love you guys

-Kelli

Ashley said...

Those flowers are so pretty. Good husband. Oh and I do recall entertaining Ethan and the boys with the orange-mouth trick. But I won't take all the credit. I'm sure other people have done it for him. I just like to think that I've had a profound influence in your son's life. That may be why he wants to come back to Boston too...misses Aunt Ashley.

Ann said...

What a fun blog. Cute boys! Nice husband!! What is a microplane?

Ann said...

And...how did you figure out how to link??? You're making us amateur bloggers look bad.

PapaRandy said...

I think a microplane is a zester....
Kim, I really enjoy your blog!

Mark said...

I love you guys in Carolina, so I guess I need to talk Ethan into staying. Since we all know our lives revolve around our kids.

Mark said...

Also, Lonna was looking at the pictures with me and said, "Baby Colin looks happy!"

*megan said...

I love reading your blog. I'm feeling more in the loop. That was a cute idea to show comparison photos of Ethan. Fun.