Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Fun at the Fair

We went to the NC State Fair Wednesday night after Jason got off work. We could have spent several more hours (and dollars) there, but we have both weekends booked, so we had to squeeze it into one fun-filled evening. Ethan loved the rides. He loved the slide: And crashing with the bumper boats:
We had to drag him away from the rides to the food. We enjoyed grilled corn on the cob, lemonade, pizza, giant bbq turkey legs, deep-fried Twinkies and deep-fried Snickers. The food was so good...
...but the clear winner was the deep-fried Twinkie: The best way to wash down fried food? With an ice cream cone, of course.
Two tired boys and my pack horse...I mean, husband. Even carrying both boys back to the car, Jason outpaced me and I had to practically run to keep up with him. Showoff.

3 comments:

Nathan said...

you know a fair is legit when they have deep-fried Twinkies

Ashley said...

Kim, this may get old, but Toby was wearing that shirt too today again! Ethan and Toby have the same taste in shirts.

Mandy said...

After attending the Minnesota State Fair, I realized it is all about the deep-fried food. Our favorite was the deep-fried Milky Way. I was skeptical at first but was then sold on my first bite. For our health, good thing it only happens once a year. Looks like Ethan had a blast and you will be back next year!