Thursday, July 28, 2011

Happy Birthday, Madeline!

Madeline turned 2! She is so fun...unbelievably articulate, unbelievably opinionated, charming, and funny, and (when she wants to be) incredibly sweet. She is a complete mama's girl, much to Jason's dismay. She refers to her brothers as "my Ethan," "my Colin," and collectively "my guys." When we drop her brother off at school she complains "I really need my Ethan." When she sees them again she screams their name, runs up and throws her arms around them. It is so cute. She is very much a girl. She loves pink, baby dolls, and mermaids, especially the Little Mermaid. We kept asking her what she wanted for her cake, and she insisted she wanted a round blue cake. We tried to talk her into letting us put something on it, but she insisted she just wanted it round with blue frosting. Oh, well. Makes it easy for me!

The day of her birthday the kids and I sent to the Museum of Life and Science in Durham. We played with the exhibits, did the dinosaur walk and the butterfly house, saw the animals and rode the train. My Dad's birthday is a few days after Madeline's, so over the weekend (in between their actual birthdays) Mark and LaDonna had us down for dinner to celebrate. Happy birthday, Madeline! We love you!!!

No comments: