Saturday, July 16, 2011

My Mom

My mom opted for no more chemo the night before I left for California. It wasn't working and was only making her feel worse. I was so, so worried she was going to pass while I was out of town. I got home Sunday night and spent Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday helping my dad care for her while babysitters or my sister-in-law watched my kids. She passed early Friday morning. My dad was there with her, which was really important to him. It is so hard to have her gone. I miss her so much. I want to pick up the phone 10 times a day and tell her things...little things about my kids that no one else would care about, and big things that I know she would help me through. Learning to live without her is going to be hard, but my faith is strong enough to make me want to try, and to comfort me when I need it.
This picture is from a few years ago...pre-Maddie. My mom adored her grandkids. My heart is broken for them as much as it is for me. I love you, Mom!!!

No comments: