Monday, July 25, 2011

Farewell

My siblings flew in to town Monday night for the funeral. I picked them up at the airport and it was so great to be together with them. Saying good-bye to my mom was really, really hard, but being with my family made it easier. We had a beautiful service for her and then dedicated her grave in Fuquay. The rest of the day was spent quietly with family. The day after we went to lunch at a friend's restaurant (they let us use their private dining room) and hung out at my house some more. I hated to see everyone leave. I also have to say that I couldn't have gotten through the last week of my mom's life and the days that followed without my sister-in-law, LaDonna. She was there for me, physically and emotionally. I couldn't have dressed my mom's body without her there to help me through it. When you go through a major loss, you find out who really cares about you. I've been overwhelmed by the support and love that I've been shown. It really does make a difference.
My mom's only sibling, Glade. We were so glad he was able to make it to the funeral. It was great to see him and his son-in-law, Blaine. My uncle Glade, my brother Bryce, and my other brother's son, Bryce Glade.

No comments: