Thursday, July 1, 2010

Utah

We flew in to Salt Lake City just in time for our new niece's baby blessing. Aurora is Ashley Kay and Greg's first, long-awaited baby and I am SO mad I didn't take any pictures! We were there and had a great time, for what it's worth.

We met up with Kristen and her family and my parents and our friend Jill for a picnic in the park. Utah summer's have North Carolina summers beat, hands down. In response to my, "WHY don't I live here??," Kristen reminded me that it snowed there in May. Oh, yeah...that's why.

In our typical vacation fashion, we had a completely overbooked, very ambitious itinerary. We packed up the next day and drove south to Mapleton to see my sister and ride her in-laws' horses. She (and they) are always so gracious about letting us a visit, and our kids love every second. We had a fun but way too short visit. Madeline's asthma kicked up right about the time the above picture was taken, and I ended up sprinting back up to the house to get her nebulizer going. Poor baby. We left shortly after this and drove through Park City, and then up through Wyoming to land in Jackson Hole for the night.

No comments: