Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Random memories

Recent moments I don't want to forget: 

Ethan is so much like me in so many ways I tend to be surprised when I'm reminded that he's his own person. He's an extrovert socially, while I'm a textbook introvert. I hated new experiences/places/people as  kid (still not crazy about them). This week, he went to an art camp at Pump It Up. When I was driving him there, he asked who was going to be there. "Well," I explained, "You don't know any of the kids there." "Cool," he responded, "Do you think I'm going to make some new friends?"

 

I'm so proud of what a confident kid he is. 

Colin loves bugs. Although sometimes he spends a while looking at them and then announces, "Squish"...and does. The other day he was riding the Batman scooter down the sidewalk when he spotted a carpenter art. He stopped, picked it up gingerly, put it on the scooter, and took it for a ride. It fell off a few feet away and he cried and cried.

Conversation with Ethan: 

I was getting Colin dressed in his pjs after his bath, when he looked down at his chest, pointed at his nipples, and said, "Yuck."

Me: Colin, they're not yucky. They're just nipples.
Ethan: What are they for, anyway?
Me: Well....[thinking, I'm glad we're having this conversation now]...mommies use them to make milk to feed their babies.
Ethan: You mean, like, real milk? 
Me: Yep.  [watching closely to see what kind of reaction this was going to get; trying to mentally prep for the questions to come]
Ethan: That.....is.....AWESOME!
Me: [Relieved and amused] Yeah, it is, huh?
Ethan: What do boys' and dads' do?
Me: Um, nothing. I'm really not sure why you even have them.

No comments: