Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Pictures from Day One

My parents brought the boys by to meet their new sister. Love the cautious look on Colin's face. 
Ethan warmed up quickly, but lost interest just as fast. "Can she crawl or do we have to carry her everywhere?" and then "When is she going to turn one?" He was more entertained by the hospital bed and the chair that turns into a bed for dad (the "Transformer" chair).
First family photo. I don't know that Colin is embracing the whole middle-child thing. Not that there's a chance he will ever get overlooked with his personality.
This is exactly what Maddie has done for 98% of the day. Since it's not my first time around the block, I know that means I might have a rough night ahead.
Jason's enthralled. He's wanted a daughter for a while, even though "I have no idea what to do with a girl." I have a feeling she'll let him know...
She can open her eyes...she just doesn't want to right now.
Wrapped snug in the blanket her great-grandma Kelley made her.
One of my parents caught this...she is either yawning or rooting...

7 comments:

Harris Beach Bums said...

Good work Kim, she is darling! Can't wait to meet her in person. I'm happy to see more girls added to the testosterone filled Harris family. I love the picture of her and Jason, already daddy's little girl :)

*megan said...

Congrats guys. She's beautiful. She looks like her mommy! Glad she is here and healthy.

Frederick Family BlogSpot said...

Congratulations!!!

Marshall Nair said...

Congratulations!!! She's so beautiful. You look great too Kimberly

Mandy said...

Congrats Kimberly and Jason! Maddie is beautiful. Looks like she inherited Kimberly's fabulous lips! Lucky girl, though that means Jason better keep the boys away!! We hope to meet her soon and see her parents also! Good luck with 3 - let us know if we should give it a try.

Kimberly said...

You two are sure good at making beautiful babies! Congrats! My real question, however, is do you ever have a bad hair day? Seriously? You just gave birth and it is still perfect. What gives? ;-)

Rhonda Riley said...

She's a beauty! I loved the pictures...Jason will be a "natural" little girl daddy. Just give her what she wants! I enjoy the conversations you write down. The boys are so cute! Come back and visit us!!! Congratulations!!!!