Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Modern-day Miracles

Do you believe in miracles? You will after you read this post. We have had two occur in the last 24 hours. Seriously. First, the avocado tree...lives!! After 3 months of being presumed dead, it is making a valiant attempt to carry on. Jason and I haven't had the heart to throw it out, so it's been sitting dead in the dining room. The trunk and branches are goners, but a thin shoot has taken off from the root system. We'll see where it goes. Fingers crossed!

And second, Jason and I made a G*I*R*L. As usual, we took advantage of Jason's radiology training to go "peek" at 15 weeks (we've done it with the first two). It's still early, so we're only about 80% sure. There may be a retraction on this blog in 3 weeks, but for now it's looking pink. Fingers double crossed!

16 comments:

Ben said...

Woohoo! Congratulations on being unique to the Harris boy trend. So excited for you guys. Let me know when I can start buying pink for you!

Nathan said...

No way. Did you actually break the Harris code? It's a miracle! There is hope in this life. Congratulations.

Restless Mom said...

yay you guys! congrats!

Kelli Salter said...

Yippee!!!!A girl cousin for *lila.
I'm also glad your avacado tree isn't dead for the sake of your marriage

*don't tell jared but i've decided :)

Mark said...

Very cool news - about both the tree and the baby girl. We'll keep our fingers crossed. She's going to be a tough girl to follow the two boys.

Ben said...

Both miracles made me cry...on the train in front of everyone when I got the news. So happy for you.

Ashley said...

Ok, the first Ben comment was from me and the second Ben crying on the train was Ann.

Erin G. said...

I meant to ask you last night and forgot! I was going to email you today so I'm glad you posted it. I hope it's still a girl in three weeks!! Congratulations!

Kay said...

Congratulations!! Thank goodness your marriage is surviving and a definite YAY that it's probably a girl!!!

Meagan said...

Yay! Congrats guys! Gotta love the "sneak peak" perk you get for being a doctor's wife. I am so happy for you!

*megan said...

I don't know about Nathan's "hope in this life" comment. But I'm so excited for you guys. And that is a funny tree you got there.

Cathi said...

Congrats. Way to try to restore the balance amongst the Harbertsons since we failed to even the numbers. Hopefully it sticks!

Kimberly said...

Wahoooo... I can't wait to buy something pink and ship it your way. Suppose I'll wait the 3 weeks to be certain. :-)

Congratulations!

Rachel said...

Those really are both miracles!!! I am so happy for you guys!

Marshall Nair said...

What fabulous news for you on both things. If I were you, I would probably be thinking after two boys "what do I do with a girl?". It's awesome though.

Morgan Moore said...

Hooray!! Keeping our fingers crossed for pink!!

xoxo