Friday, December 14, 2007

Outside it's so delightful

Sunday was a gorgeous, sunny, 61 degree day, so we got the kids dressed for church and headed out in the backyard to snap some photos. It was fun, but we never did get both kids looking at the camera and smiling. Oh, well. Maybe next year. Or not.
At the same exact moment, it was 35 degrees in Boston, with a wind chill of 29 degrees. The last 3 days have been in the high 70s. I even had to turn on the air conditioning, which on Dec 12 is borderline ridiculous. It will turn cold here (Saturday is supposed to be a high of 49...chilly!) Don't get me wrong...there is a part of my heart that will always belong to Boston. But other parts of me, namely my toes, ears, arms, and nose...they have all defected to the south.

10 comments:

Mandy said...

Cute Pictures. I have discovered in a short 3 weeks that getting 2 kids to look at the camera is near impossible. 49 degrees = chilly? Try single digits. Now that is chilly. Last weekend it didn't get out of the single digits. The high on Saturday was 6 degrees! Ouch! Good thing Jason didn't take a job in Minnesota! And good thing this is our last winter here!

Kelli Salter said...

Great pics, I love the one of Jason with the two boys. So cute.

Morgan Moore said...

The boys are so cute! I esp love the B&W of Ethan.

I am SO HOMESICK FOR BOSTON and our old apartment : (

Kelli Salter said...

By the way, what camera are you using. The picture quality is really great.

Kimberly said...

It's definitely not my crummy, cheap point and shoot. I stole my parents' Nikon D70 for the week. I took these with the 80-200mm lens and post-processed them with iPhoto. The camera's headed home tonight. My heart is breaking. A lousy digital camera and no Photoshop...*sigh*...it's a wonder I post any pictures at all.

Kelli Salter said...

maybe santa will bring a nice camera this year :)

it's amaing the difference a camera can make, these pictures look professional

Harris Beach Bums said...

I'm with Kelli, those pictures look amazing! The kids look adorable.

PapaRandy said...

Blog On! It's great!

Ashley said...

Yeah, you must have gotten your camera! Love the pictures.

stephanie said...

hey guys - happy new year! congratulations on the job offer!! that's so exciting & you deserve it after so many years of hard work (both of you!). just like everyone else, i love the pictures - and the background is beautiful. enjoy your amazing surroundings! have fun house hunting!!