Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Second Floor

This is the view from the top of the front stairs.
Here's a closer look at the alcove. This orchid is my favorite thing in the house (besides my 3 boys, of course.)
The master bedroom is at the top of the stairs. Here's the sitting area of the master bedroom. This is the one area of the house I have no clue what to do with. The doors leading into the bedroom from the hall are on the left right in front of that bookshelf.
And the view from the other side. That's Jason sleeping in the bed. He worked the night shift last night. The double doors to the right of the bed lead to the bathroom.
Here's the vanity in the master bathroom. White orchids are my favorite but they didn't work in the alcove, so we got some for the master bathroom. I really hope I can keep them alive.
Master bath.
Jason's custom spa shower. Love it!
My closet. Jason's is smaller. I need more clothes.
The other side of my closet.
Before we leave the bathroom, let's look at my orchid one more time. Colin's room. He's just waking up from his nap here.
Let's take a moment to notice how adorable he is. He usually wakes up this happy. Except when he doesn't.
Laundry room. Love that it's on the second floor.
Ethan's room.
View of Ethan's room from the windows.
Playroom just outside Ethan's room. My 4-year-old is playing in the baby toy and my baby is sucking on a helium balloon. Awesome.
Through the play room is the guest room.
And in between the play room and Ethan's room are the stairs going down to the family room.
That's it! Except for things like the bathrooms. I'm sure you all can imagine what they look like.
In closing, a note to those we love in California and the Northeast:
If this post seems like a shameless plug for North Carolina real estate...it is.

12 comments:

Leslie said...

it's so pretty!! i love the back stairs going to the playroom and the orchids. :)

it's beautiful, and i totally hear you about the clean house thing. isn't it nice to always be so tidy?

ya right. me neither. :)

Nathan said...

Definitely a shameless plug, but beautiful indeed. We can't find any space and you have too much space! What about exterior photos? Was it too hot and humid to take them in North Carolina - just trying to keep it real. :)

Love, Nathan

Ann said...

Loved the home tour. Be there in 48 hours to take it in person!

Sara said...

So glad you posted the pics. I've been waiting. Great minds think alike, we have a similar paint color and white trim very similar. YAY! I love it, and I'm so glad you all can settle in. You'll really enjoy it.

Thanks for you comments and tips about Hawaii.....I can't believe we are going somewhere the world travelers, Jason and Kimberly, haven't been!

You know....it is because of you guys we have "John days" and "Sara days" when we vacation. THANKS!!!!!

*megan said...

I have been waiting to see these. Thanks for posting them. Quite a jump up from your place in Boston. You have made it! How nice to have so much space. It's not really a plug for North Carolina real estate if we don't know how much you paid for it though... it must have been $1.5 million, huh? No, I'm not asking. It looks like a beautiful location.
I love your humorous commentary Kim. And I can't wait to meet Colin next month, what a cute boy he is.

Rhonda Riley said...

Love, love the house Kim!!! Lots of nice space and a 'clean canvas' to decorate :) You have put in your time and now you can enjoy it ~ go ahead and plug North Carolina all you want...it's a beautiful place...if Matt and Rachel could have convinced at least 12 other 'related' families to go you would have had awesome 'Riley' neighbors...hey...don't clutter up a good place with "socalifornians" ~ we'll just come visit!!!! love you and your sweet wit...the boys are perfect! (Ann told me so:) love, rhonda

Rhonda Riley said...

Because I didn't say ENOUGH in my last comment...'clutter' is a necessary evil. It reminds us that there are still things to do in life besides look beautiful...

Brooke said...

Oh, I am jealous! Your home is beautiful and I love the floor plan as well. I'm with Nathan; I want to see some exterior photos. Thanks for showing us your new home.

Mandy said...

Gorgeous! I love your new home! I especially love your open entry. You almost have me sold on NC. If only my family were a bit closer to the east coast.

Morgan Moore said...

Chris says:

"You had me at front door. I can't believe they live in that house. No I can believe that they OWN that house. Crikey"

He's very happy for you (deep deep down)

I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU GUYS! The house is gorgeous and I LOVE all the windows- one of my favorite parts. Can't wait to come out and visit and I think my most favorite part was Jason in bed. HILARIOUS.

Marshall Nair said...

Your house is gorgeous, and looks like you have room to grow. I wish my laundry was on the second level too.

Em said...

Your house is beautiful. We've been thinking about relocating -- I'll have to show my husband your shameless plug! A note about the formal living room -- it appeared to have french doors that you could keep enclosed. This would be a great place to stick kids learning musical instruments and shut the door so you don't have to listen!