Wednesday, July 16, 2008

First Floor

Through the front door, you enter a foyer with stairs directly in front of you. See that alcove halfway up the stairs? I used to hate it, until we found an orchid that fits the space in a way we love. I'll show you a close up a little later.
The hallway under the stairs leads to the mud room, the kitchen, and the family room. Off the foyer to the left is the office.
With bay windows looking out on the front yard.
Off the foyer to the right is the formal living room. A complete waste of space.
Behind the formal living room sits the dining room, with a butler's pantry in between.
Here's a closer look at the dining room. We don't eat here.
On the other side of the dining room sits the great room, which includes a family room, breakfast area, and the kitchen. Here's a view of the kitchen and through to the dining room.
Love the walk-in pantry! Although the fridge looks so tiny in that space.
The breakfast table is in between the family room and kitchen.
Here's a view off the back deck directly behind the breakfast table.
Family room. In case you're wondering, my house is absolutely always this clean. And I absolutely did not move piles of clutter out of the frame just long enough to get the shot, and then move them right back. I would never do that. Because my house is so spotless.
Another view of the family room. Here you can see the back stairs going up to the playroom.
This is the mud room. The far door on the left leads to the garage, the far door on the right leads to a downstairs bedroom, and the door you can see in the mirror leads to a half bath.
Here's the downstairs bedroom, which we're obviously using as a gym.
There's nothing really of note in the garage, except this freezer, which my brother and sister-in-law picked up for me from a neighbor going through foreclosure. They negotiated the deal and then hauled it down the street until I could pick it up. It's practically new and I paid practically nothing for it. Sad to benefit from someone else's tragedy, but Mark and LaDonna are the best for getting it for me! And for loaning me their amazing camera to take pictures of my house that are actually in focus. And for bringing me dinner Monday night. Okay, I'm done now.