Monday, April 7, 2008

Moving along

Poor little Colin. We have had a rough 2 days...for him, at least. He's got a constant runny nose and seems to be in pain, isn't napping and isn't happy. As a result, I am exhausted and headed to bed very soon. Here he is this morning before the I-can't-nap-even-though-I'm-exhausted cycle began. Okay, these photos are making me look like a liar, but I'm trying to be a good mom and not post the ones where he looks miserable. I have them, believe me. From the brief 30 seconds between the time the crying started and I put down the camera to console him, of course. The house is coming along. We are supposed to get the drywall up next week (fingers crossed). Here are some pre-drywall images, which really aren't that helpful. Office with garage beyond Family room (from kitchen) Kitchen with dining room beyond Front stairs View out the back. Just over Jason's left shoulder is a 5,500 acre state park with hiking and biking trails, a lake, and camping. View out the front door. That's a retention pond across the street behind our car. I'm officially going on record with this prediction: one of my kids will land in said pond at some point in the next 10 years. I am mentally preparing myself to go in after them...or maybe I'll just stock the garage with a life preserver. Front of the house ("duh," you're thinking) I also need to mention for posterity that I ran (okay, fine...jogged) my first race (5K) last Saturday. I was proud of myself for doing it, even if I wouldn't exactly describe it as fun. I beat my training pace and didn't walk at all, so I was happy overall. And sore. Still sore, actually. Luckily I had Jason and my dad running on either side of me. Jason did a great job of pacing me and talking me through it, and my dad did a great job of keeping up the conversation to distract me. I don't think I would have done it without them...thanks, guys! As usual, thanks to my mom for leaving her house at 6 am on a Saturday to watch my kids so Jason could join me. I've run out of ways to express how grateful I am for all you do for me! One last parting shot of Colin. Considering he's been asleep for over 5 hours and he looks so darn cute to me in these pictures, I'm forgetting what he put me through today. [Please excuse the runny nose and the drool. He is sick and trying to cut teeth. It's not the most attractive combo.]

7 comments:

Ann said...

How fun to see the progression of your home and how inconsiderate of me to talk to you yesterday Kim and not even ask you about your 5K.
Congratulations on completing the race! Grammy can't wait to kiss that drooling, "snotty" little face next week.

Erin G. said...

That's awesome about the race! I didn't even know you'd been planning to run it. That's what I get for being 2,000 miles away I guess. The house looks absolutely beautiful and Colin is still one of the cutest kids around.

*megan said...

First of all congrats on your run. It feels great to plan for something and then accomplish it.
And secondly, I can't get over how perfect Colin is... the shape of his face, and nose and mouth... he so beautiful.
And how fun it is to watch the progress of your house. Finally the rewards from the seemingly endless years of schooling!
We are so happy for you guys and can't wait to come out and visit. The area seems like a dream for a little boys to grow up in.

Mandy said...

Congrats on the race! That is something to brag about! By the way, I officially have house envy. I love your new house! It appears to be in a beautiful area. So woodsy (?is that a word?) and just simply gorgeous. Plus a lake with hiking trails so close. We will for sure need to visit. I love the picture of your three boys on your back patio - so smiley! I hope Colin is feeling better so you will be too!

Morgan Moore said...

The house looks awesome. I can't wait to see it when it's all done! The kids are growing up so fast- they are so cute!! Hope Colin feels better soon!

xoxo

Morgan Moore said...

OH and congrats on the race! You are a rockstar!!

xoxo

Kay said...

Congratulations on the race! That's awesome, Kim. Your house looks gorgeous, too! We'll definitely need come visit when it's all done and you're settled in.