Thursday, September 9, 2010

Preschool!

Colin had his first "official" day of preschool. He's been anxiously waiting to start since Ethan went back to school. We went in for a half hour on Tuesday to check out his classroom. Before we left, he went to the pantry, picked out his own snack (Gushers), then carried it with him the whole time and ate it on the way back to the car. This morning I pulled out my iPhone and snapped a picture in front of the door of his class while the other mothers snapped photos with their "real" cameras. We went in, washed his hands and hung up his bag, and then he said, "GO, Mom. Mom, GO!!!!!" Not a whole lot of separation anxiety here. As I was buckling him in after class, he said, "I love you, Mom." He's so sweet. I walked out of his class this morning with another mom who was trying not to cry. I cried sending my first off to preschool (and kindergarten), and I'll cry with my last. My middle child? He'll do just fine.

2 comments:

Ann said...

You are a better mom than me. I dropped mine off at school, high fived Rhonda and we went to breakfast or lunch.

Megs said...

Ha ha...I love the post & I love Aunt Ann's comment! I don't think there's anything wrong with being a little excited :)