Monday, September 24, 2007

The honeymoon is over

I have left the land of the spoiled rotten and entered the harsh reality of my new life. I had my sweet mother-in-law here with me the first week after Colin was born, cleaning up after me, entertaining my extremely active toddler, and cooking whatever I ordered. When she left, my wonderful mother moved in and picked up where she left off. Sadly, she couldn't stay forever, but luckily shortly after she left Jason came home for 9 straight days of paternity leave. I wish he didn't have to work! Although, considering how much money we spend when we have loads of free time together, one of us has to!! So far, 2 kids have been a breeze, but since we've been man-to-man for the last 3 weeks, I'm thinking it's not going to stay that way now that Jason is returning to work. And since a sleep-deprived Jason may actually compromise people's lives, I will be facing night duty alone, and then 2 kids during the day alone. I think I can...I think I can...

2 comments:

Ann said...

I know you can. I know you can. I've seen you in action! You're a great mom!

*megan said...

I didn't realize you had all that help. How nice. The first month is the hardest, I think. After that, they are more on a schedule. Still hard, though, being sleep deprived and trying to keep up with an active toddler. This stage goes by a whole lot faster with the 2nd one. Hang in there!