Sunday, September 18, 2011

Train Museum

Jason flew to Salt Lake the last week of September to fly fish with Chris Moore, our brother-in-law Chris, and our friend Dave Hansen. While he was gone, I decided to keep the kids as busy as possible. It's not how I usually handle his absences, but it worked out great. On Friday, Ethan got out of school early so we went to Panera Bread for lunch, then to Chuck E Cheeses. I hate that place, but the kids have been begging to go for a while, and we hadn't been in over two years, so I gave in. It turned out to be a (dare I say it?) pleasant experience. It was pretty empty, the kids were really good, and when I said it was time to go, they happily left. Go figure. The next day we drove 2 hours out to Spencer, North Carolina, to the tiny transporation museum there. We rode on the roundhouse turntable, the train, and looked at all the trains and cars. Ethan was really into all the information about transportation. It's fun to see them growing up.

No comments: