Monday, May 30, 2011

Random

The last week of May I took my mom to Virginia for chemotherapy. It ended up being a very important week for me. I got the opportunity to express some things that helped me gain some much-needed peace and closure. I was amazed by and grateful for the support I got to make this happen. My sister-in-law and brother took Colin and Maddie, and friends took Ethan after school every day. Ethan ended up having the time of his life. He got taken out to the Lego Store, to Cold Stone, and spent time at a local restaurant, spoiled by the different moms that were taking care of him. I had to skip out on my last helping parent day in Colin's class and couldn't find a sub, but the teachers were so gracious about it. Jason sent me the picture below after he and Ethan went out to a late dinner. Supposedly this dessert was massive when Ethan started, and Jason claims he didn't help much.

The kids love grocery shopping and (somewhat surprisingly) are angels in the grocery store about 98% of the time.

Colin LOVES bubble baths.

We are tackling the yard. It can be hard to get stuff done with so much "help."

No comments: