Thursday, November 11, 2010

Beach to Battleship

Jason took on his second half-Ironman down in Wilmington. He went down the night before with his friend, and I drove down with the kids to cheer him on the day of the race. If I was smart, I'd post these pictures and just say something about how cool the battleship was to tour. The truth is, I was completely off my game that day, I guess, because it was one of the top 3 worst days of parenting I've ever had. I did manage to hold it together (no screaming at the kids or crying on my part), but really, it was a lousy day. I miscalculated SEVERAL things, like how long it would take us to get to the island, how much food would be available, what kind of supplies (diapers, change of clothes, etc) I would need. Jason finished the race and headed pretty quickly to the medical tent to deal with horrible nausea and possible dehydration. I took the kids up the battleship, which Ethan had been begging to see. It was hot and the kids were hungry and tired, but you would never know it from these pictures. It was such a lousy experience I failed to get a single picture of Jason racing or afterwards. We didn't feed the kids until around 9:00 that night, and Colin stood up on his chair in the middle of the restaurant and the entire chair went over backwards. It seemed like a fitting ending to a terrible day. But we all survived!

No comments: