Friday, June 4, 2010

Somebody's Six

Ethan woke up extra early this morning so excited to be 6 years old. For breakfast, he requested: a popsicle, a quesadilla, toast, and strawberry milk. We Skyped Grammy and Papa so he could open his presents. He had asked for cash (he's trying to save enough money to "buy a one hundred dollar bill") and also got some Bakugan, which he loves.

Today was the last day of school, so he got out early. Colin and Madeline and I picked him up and took him to Red Robin (his choice) where he was serenaded by the waitresses. Now we're playing Bakugan while Maddie and Colin nap. Tonight is his birthday party followed by a dance rehearsal (he's in an all-boys Hip Hop class and the recital is tomorrow). It's a busy and fun day.

Ethan's a great kid and we are so happy he's ours. He's great at math and building and is incredibly sweet. He doesn't need a lot of sleep, loves animals (especially ocean animals), worships his dad, adores his mom and baby sister, and is best friends with his brother about every other day. His teacher said they know they can pair Ethan up with anyone in the class because he will always be kind. I asked him to tell me his favorite thing to do, and he said,"going on trips."

Happy Birthday, Ethan!!

4 comments:

Kay said...

Happy Birthday, Ethan!! I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to call before now, and I'm pretty sure he's in bed or close. Hope he had a great day!

Anonymous said...

I was at the farm today picking strawberries and remembered it was Ethan's birthday. I was so proud of myself for remembering- LOL!

Happy Birthday, Ethan!! We have the adorable picture you sent of you & Henry at the Grove on our fridge!

xoxo

Ann said...

Hope you had a super birthday Ethan and that your dance recital today was a great success. I love you very much!

Sara said...

6? NO WAY! GET OUT OF TOWN! 6 YEARS! Time flies. I feel like your awesome and fun baby shower morgs threw for you was LAST year.
WOW!
Congratulations on keeping him alive and being receptive to all the wonderful lessons he has for you!