Thursday, February 21, 2008

Taking flight

I survived my first solo flight with both boys. It was Colin's first flight and the first that Ethan can really remember...he hasn't flown in a while since we no longer make the Boston/Maryland flight regularly. It was very short, so a good way to start. I love flying out of NC. Someone from security came and helped me fold down the stroller and load everything on the belt, and there was no one behind us in line, so it was very low stress. The boys did great. Ethan was so excited he gave me a running commentary of everything. It was obvious how much he has matured since the last time we flew...no kicking the seat in front of him the whole time, or spilling his drink, or crying/wanting to get down. He looked so grown up sitting there with his drink.
He wanted to take a photo of our drinks. Mine was the one with caffeine. I didn't get a lot of sleep the night before we left. Colin happily sat on my lap looking at his books, then fell asleep sitting up. He slept through the very rough landing and didn't wake up until we got off the plane.  Grammy was waiting for us when we landed and we were all so excited to see her! We went to lunch, then headed home. It is very, very cold here, so we've been focusing on indoor activities. We've been to the mall to ride the carousel and to an indoor playspace so Ethan could work off some excess energy, and played a lot with Geo and the other trains.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

You give me great hope! I will be doing the solo flight with my 2 kids in a few weeks and I am terrified. Loading up our 12 bins, folding up the stroller, and taking shoes off at security is what really gets me. So thanks for the boost of confidence!